Monday, July 21, 2014

Awe Some Classroom Design

Maybe a week or so ago, I went grocery shopping at Target. Of course, going shopping at Target is always dangerously fun. While on my way to the food section, I made a slight detour to the furniture section. I was in decorating heaven. I saw all this neat stuff for my classroom. There was this really cute bungy chair and the wall art was insane. Being a budget conscious person, I made the decision to take pictures of my "must haves" and marinate on how my picks would fit into my new classroom.

Design has and always will be a part of my genetic make-up. I love colors, architecture, patterns, you name it. My classroom is no different. I decorate my classroom like it's my house. So much of my life is spent in the classroom during the school year and I believe making it comfortable and inviting is essential. Moving into PBL, I want to have the most unconventional classroom. I want it to be opposite of what a traditional classroom should look. In Montessori, we didn't have desks so I'm used to that concept. But, in PBL I want my classroom to have exercise balls for seating and the really cute bungy chair from Target. A small sofa with a coffee table would be cool. My students should come into the classroom ready to collaborate and the design of the classroom should allow for such. I've pinned almost a million (slight exaggeration) innovative classroom designs on Pinterest. I spent the weekend in Atlanta and visited the IKEA store. They also have the most unique furniture design. 

Innovative Classroom Here I Come!

No comments:

Post a Comment