Wednesday, July 16, 2014

PBL Newbie

This upcoming school year, I will be teaching Fourth Grade Project Based Learning. I am super excited! For the last three years, I have taught Lower Elementary Montessori and before that traditional 4th and 2nd grades. So I've had a wide variety of teaching experiences. Being a Montessori teacher really exposed me to the endless possibilities in Education. When my principal asked a coworker and myself to jumpstart PBL at our school, I was thrilled!

My first year of teaching I wanted to journal my experiences, but never did! With the explosion of technology since my first year, I've decided to chronicle my first year of PBL. This is my digital footprint for all the current and future PBL teachers. My coworker and I have read several PBL books, attend workshops, conferences, and planned extensively. We have had great conversations with teachers at other schools in our district who also lead PBL classrooms. 

Our school year begins for students August 20th and I can't wait to introduce my students to a new way of learning. I hope you will follow me as I share my experiences, good and bad.

Follow me on Twitter: @iteachpbl

No comments:

Post a Comment