Wednesday, July 16, 2014

TED Talks with Adora Svitak

What do I do for fun??? Watch TED Talks! I would put LOL, but it's true.

I love TED Talks! Last night for fun (lol), I wanted to watch a few talks and stumbled upon Adora Svitak. The title of the talk and Adora's young face captured my mention, "What Adults Can Learn From Kids". Being an educator, I know we can learn a lot from kids but I was curious to hear what Adora had to say. Her talk made me think about Project Based Learning a lot. She says we need more irrational thinking and hopeful thinking. Kids have limitless thinking and students should teach their teachers and the learning should be reciprocal. There's a lack of trust and too many restrictions. I couldn't agree with her more! I hope my classroom will be a place where students think freely and projects spark creativity. This year, I want to learn from my students. This generation of children has the entire world in their hands and the possibilities for them are endless.

If you have a moment, watch the video and be inspired!


No comments:

Post a Comment