Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Becoming Edmodo Savvy!

Last school year, I was technologically upgraded and it was much needed! Our school became immersed in professional development centered around technology. It was overwhelming at times, but now I have tons of online resources to refer to in my classroom. One resource I really want to learn more about is Edmodo. It's an educational website with a social media platform for teachers and students. I have met a countless number of teachers who use Edmodo religiously in their classrooms.

A couple of weeks, I received an email about Edmodocon 2014, an online professional development conference with educators from around the world. I registered and it has been an impacting pd experience. Not only did I get to participate in a conference in my pj's, but I was able to listen to teachers from all over the world talk about how they are using Edmodo in the classroom. Edmodo has so many capabilities beyond what I could have ever imagined. Here are just a few of my favorite sessions:

Leveling Up Student Writing with Badges
From Tech Illiterate to Tech Savvy: How to Foster Non-Cognitive Skills in Edmodo
Solving D3: Data-Driven, Differentiated Instruction

Being a PBL newbie, my plan is to dive right in and become Edmodo Savvy! There's so much technology out there and it's easy to get scattered. Edmodo seems to be a great central platform. We'll see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment